With the Rio Summer Olympics kicking off this Friday, The Park is embracing the Brazilian culture and serving up Brazil’s national cocktail, the Caipirinha, throughout the event. Check out the restaurant’s recipe for this refreshing summer cocktail:
- 2 oz. Cachaça
- 1 ¼ oz. simple syrup
- ½ lime
- Optional ingredient: 1 lime wheel coated with coarse sugar
- Remove the pith from the center of the lime
- Cut the ½ lime into four pieces
- Add the lime pieces and simple syrup into a shaker and mix well
- Add ice and Cachaça to the mixture and shake well
- Pour mixture into glass and add ice if necessary
- Optional: Garnish with a lime wheel coated with coarse sugar
Pro tip: If you don’t to whip this up at home, the cocktail will be on The Park’s happy hour menu for $5 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Park is also adding Plantain Chips served with a chimichurri dipping sauce and Brazilian Flat Iron Steak + Caipirinha combo to its menu throughout the duration of the event. What’s more is at the end of the games The Park is donating five percent of its total Brazilian special sales to Habitat for Humanity Brazil, so you can eat good and feel good while you cheer on team USA!