Uncle Billy’s Brewery and Smokehouse, an Austin Texas based brewpub, is celebrating its 10 years of producing exceptional craft beers paired withslow-smoked Texas barbeque in a relaxed setting on Barton Springs Road. The brewpub, co-founded in 2006 by Rick Engel, is one of the oldest operating brewpubs in Austin.
During the past 10 years, Uncle Billy’s has achieved several milestones. It’s small batch craft beers have won gold and silver medals at the Great American Beer Festival in four separate years and bronze at the World Beer Cup. It has made numerous collaboration beers with other brewers. Uncle Billy’s became the first brewpub in Texas to distribute beer through a third party distributor to bars and restaurants, and is now available state-wide on the shelves at multiple retail grocers and on the tap walls of many of the more popular craft beer centric locations across Texas.
In 2014 the brewpub was completely renovated with the installation a new 20-barrel brewery system that more than tripled the brewing capacity. In March 2016 the brewery installed a new 80-barrel fermenter to help keep up with the demand for its popular lagers.
“Over the last 10 years, Uncle Billy’s has become known as one of the best local brewpubs in the state,” says Rick Engel. “We are extremely thankful to all of our loyal customers who continue to visit Uncle Billy’s on Barton Springs Road or frequently buy our beer in bars, restaurants, and retail stores across the state. Several of Uncle Billy’s craft beer selections are now available at the UT and Round Rock Express stadiums, ACL Moody Theatre and Circuit of the Americas. You have helped make Uncle Billy’s a true Austin icon. We’re excited to keep the experience fresh with a new menu, live music, fun events, and a regularly updated list of new craft beers on tap.”
Over the past 10 years, Uncle Billy’s has brewed more than 13,000 barrels of beer, or the equivalent of 3,000,000 pints. That is approximately enough beer for everyone over the age of 21 in Austin to have two pints.
“We made a really special beer to celebrate our anniversary,” says head brewer, Trevor Nearburg. “A lot of our customers love big IPAs, so we made a powerful 10 Year Anniversary double IPA made with 10 different kinds of the finest aromatic hops. It has hefty citrus and pine flavors and weighs in at 9 percent alcohol with 100 IBUs. We will tap the first keg at our Crafternoon Crawfish Boil on April 16. We’ll also tap three special firkins on April 17 in our Brunch of Firkins event.”
10th Anniversary Festivities
- Saturday, April16 at 12:00 p.m., Crafternoon Crawfish Boil, We’re kicking off our #10YearsOfBeer Anniversary Week with spicy crawdads and cold craft beer. Crawfish are available by the pound at market price until they are gone!
- Sunday, April 17 at 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00 p.m., Brunch of Firkins with the tapping of three firkins and live music from Daniel Eyes & The Vibes (KUTX Live Music Series)
- Monday, April 18 from 11:00 am to 5:00 p.m., Fresh Can Monday, experience canning our Green Room IPA with an opportunity to purchase fresh six-packs at a special price
- Tuesday, April 19, Anniversary Pint Night, we are rolling back pint prices to the original prices every Tuesday until May 10
- Wednesday, April 20, all day, We Smoke the Good Stuff, 10% off all smoked meats Thursday, April 21, from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., Honky Tonk Happy Hour, the first of our Thursday evening live music happy hours of the season with specials on pints
- Friday, April 22, Barton Springs Full Moon Swim, meet at Uncle Billy’s at sundown to pre-game and again after the swim to relax with specials on Barton Springs Pale Ale
- Saturday, April 23, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Puppy Porter Palooza, a celebration of dogs on the patio. All who bring their well-behaved dog will receive a four-pack of Gypsy Dubbel Coffee Porter and there will be brunch specials on Bloody Marys, and Mimosas
Connect with Uncle Billy’s Brewery and Smokehouse