A family drink recipe from Maverick Whiskey Distillery owners, Dr. Kenneth and Dr. Amy Maverick, on crafting their Maverick Whiskey Bourbon Slush at home – perfect for entertaining and beating the lingering summer heat! (See recipe below).
San Antonio based – Maverick Whiskey Distillery distributes their products by Republic National Distribution, throughout Texas and ships to 41 states across the U.S.A.
Maverick Whiskey Bourbon Slush Recipe
(made using Sam Maverick Spirits Straight Bourbon Whiskey)
- Boil together 4 standard sized tea bags with 2 cups of water.
- Add 1 ½ cups of sugar and 7 cups of water.
- Mix in:
- 12 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
- 12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups Samuel Maverick Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Mix the ingredients together well, pour into in a container with a tight-fitting lid, and freeze. After frozen and ready to use, scoop into glasses. Garnish with a Luxardo cherry or a sprig of mint. For those who prefer an extra-strong kick, add a bourbon floater on top of the drink. Enjoy!