Made with jumbo lump crab meat and served with homemade jalapeno aioli, this wonderful recipe makes for a great springtime appetizer or light snack this season.
Recipe Courtesy of Phillip Brown | Austin, TX
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- 2 roasted jalapenos (deseeded)
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- Blend in blender
- Serve over crab cakes (see below)
- 4 -1lb cans jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 oz jalapeno aioli (See recipe below)
- 1 ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- A couple of pinches of salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except crab meat together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the crab meat last, careful to not break up the pieces.
- Form into cake sized portions.
- Pan fry until lightly browned
- Serve with jalapeno aioli and enjoy!