I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying some great rums recently and since it’s National Rum Day, here’s some cocktails we’d like to share with you to enjoy and celebrate the day.
Wahine Pina Colada
- 1 1/2 parts fresh pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 parts house-made cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 parts Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
Combine all ingredients in a shaker and add ice. Shake well and pour into a frozen pineapple. Garnish with sprinkled coconut flakes and add an orchid.
- 1 part Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 of a fresh lime
- Pilsner or lager beer
Shake rum with lime and hot sauce, and strain into a beer glass full of ice. Top with beer. Squeeze and drop a lime wedge garnish. Top with 1/2 desired beer or 1/2 ginger beer for an extra kick.
Barbadian Rum Punch
- 1 Part Sour (lime juice)
- 2 Parts Sweet (simple syrup)
- 3 Parts Strong (Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum)
- 4 Parts Week (water or unsweetened iced tea)
Combine Sour and sweet in shaker, pour over chilled tall glass filled with ice. Add rum and week. Garnish with lime and mint and enjoy!
Happy National Rum Day!