Texas Monthly will host the tenth annual Texas Monthly BBQ Fest Weekend celebrating all things Texas BBQ. The BBQ-filled weekend is set to take place on November 2-3 in Austin, Texas, with GA and VIP tickets are now available for purchase at TexasMonthly.com/tmbbqfest.
The Texas Monthly BBQ Fest celebrates the award-winning magazine’s latest list of “Top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas” with a weekend full of exciting events. The celebration will kick off on Saturday, November 2 with ‘Cue Course, followed by Franklin & Friends that same day. The main festival will take place on Sunday, November 3 at the Long Center for the Performing Arts.
General Admission tickets for the Texas Monthly BBQ Fest on Sunday are $80 each, however, for those looking for the ultimate festival-going experience, ticket buyers should opt for a VIP ticket for just $165, which includes one-hour advanced entry, a pair of complimentary drink tickets, an annual subscription to Texas Monthly Magazine, and a special Texas Monthly gift.
For dedicated BBQ fans, Texas Monthly offers a 24-hour advanced ticket sale window exclusively for TMBBQ Club members. Membership includes BBQ gear and quarterly BBQ content by Texas Monthly BBQ Editor Daniel Vaughn, as well as early access to BBQ event tickets and ticket discounts to other Texas Monthly signature events. To join the TMBBQ Club, visit tmbbqclub.com.
On Saturday, November 2, the third annual ‘Cue Course, a BBQ educational experience, will take place at Stiles Switch BBQ & Brew (6610 N Lamar Blvd) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Hosted by Barbecue Editor Daniel Vaughn, the event will offer a hands-on instructional course taught by certified instructors from the Texas A&M University Animal Science Department, along with private pit tours, and a loaded BBQ lunch. Tickets to the ‘Cue Course are $95 each.
Franklin & Friends
Later that evening, from 6 to 9 p.m., Franklin & Friends, hosted by James Beard-winner and local pitmaster Aaron Franklin at Franklin Barbecue (900 E 11th St), will return for the second year. Attendees can expect an exciting evening of cold beer and live-fire cooking from Franklin himself as well as a few pitmasters from the recently released “Top 25 New Barbecue Joints in Texas” list, including LeRoy and Lewis Barbecue, Brotherton’s Black Iron BBQ, Convenience West, and Charlie’s Bar-B-Que. Tickets to the Franklin & Friends are $95 each.
The Festival Experience
Then, on Sunday, November 3, Texas Monthly BBQ Fest will once again come to the Long Center for the Performing Arts (701 W. Riverside Drive) from 1 to 4 p.m. with VIP entry at noon. A total of 31 barbecue joints from across the state will come together, most of which are on the magazine’s latest “Top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas” list.
Guests are invited to enjoy as many samples of ‘cue as their stomachs will allow, as well as enjoy live music, cold drinks, and fun lawn games with attendees of all ages. In addition to the delectable BBQ offerings on-site, the festival will also feature some of the state’s most beloved music performers, including The Suffers and Al Dressen.
TEXAS MONTHLY BBQ FESTIVAL – 2019 LINEUP:
- 2M Smokehouse (San Antonio)
- Baker Boys BBQ (Gonzalez)
- BBQ on the Brazos (Cresson)
- Blood Bros. BBQ (Bellaire)
- Cattleack Barbeque (Dallas)
- Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (Austin)
- Evie Mae’s Pit Barbecue (Wolfforth)
- The Granary Cue & Brew (San Antonio)
- Guess Family Barbecue (Waco)
- Hays Co. Bar-B-Que (San Marcos)
- Heim Barbecue (Fort Worth)
- Hutchins BBQ (Frisco/McKinney)
- Joseph’s Riverport B-B-Q (Jefferson)
- Killen’s Barbecue (Pearland)
- la Barbecue (Austin)
- Lockhart Smokehouse (Dallas)
- Louie Mueller Barbecue (Taylor)
- Micklethwait Craft Meats (Austin)
- Miller’s Smokehouse (Belton)
- Pinkerton’s Barbecue (Houston)
- PODY’S BBQ (Pecos)
- Roegels Barbecue Co. (Houston)
- Smolik’s Smokehouse (Mathis)
- Snow’s BBQ (Lexington)
- Stiles Switch BBQ & Brew (Austin)
- Stillwater Barbeque (Abilene)
- Tejas Chocolate Craftory (Tomball)
- Terry Black’s Barbecue (Austin)
- Truth BBQ (Brenham)
- Tyler’s Barbeque (Amarillo)
- Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ (Austin)
The Texas Monthly BBQ Fest Weekend is sponsored by Desert Door Sotol, Legacy Whiskey, Lone Star Beer, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka. For tickets and more information about the festival event, visit TexasMonthly.com/tmbbqfest.