FabFitFun is the online guide to make a woman feel beautiful inside and out, and they shared a few recipes with us that will take your Memorial Day to the next level. No need to search for those perfect recipes to serve to your family, or guests, as editor-in-chief Katie Rosen Kitchens has crafted these fantastic recipes designed to impress!
Chili Lime Chicken
Spice up your grill with this quick recipe that’s big on flavor and low in cals!
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (approx. 2-3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1-½ pounds thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- Make marinade by mixing all of the ingredients together in large Ziploc bag or food storage container
- Add chicken to marinade. Make sure to stir to coat all sides of the chicken
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or better yet – overnight.
- Discard marinade and cook chicken on a hot grill for 8-12 minutes, turning once. The internal temperature should reach 170 F or until juices run clear.
Add some sparkle to your soiree with this super tasty, bubbly sangria.
- 1 750 milliliter bottle of Proseco or other good quality but inexpensive
- sparkling wine
- 1 750 milliliter bottle of white wine (try a Pinot Grigio or a Sav Blanc)
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 2 cups of berries, sliced (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or a mix)
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher
- Fill wine glasses with ice
- Pour sangria mixture over ice
Grilled Shrimp Over Arugula
Class up your grill with this slim seafood entree
- 10 cups organic baby arugula
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound large size raw shrimp
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Combine arugula, basil, tomatoes, and avocado in a large salad bowl
- Combine 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder and whisk together. Add a pinch or so of salt and pepper to dressing, then stir
- Toss arugula mixture with dressing
- Combine shrimp, lemon zest, salt, and pepper
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (10-inch) skewers.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until done
- Remove shrimp from skewers and serve on top of arugula