What’s Thanksgiving without a side of sweet potato casserole? If you’re looking for the absolute best sweet potato casserole this Thanksgiving, Ruth’s Chris Steak House very own classic recipe is ready to sweeten your palate with this timeless classic that will certainly impress your dinner guests this turkey day!
Indulge in this beautiful mix of buttery mashed sweet potatoes topped with a crumbled brown surgar and toasted pecan melody. That sweet southern comfort mix of crunch and mouth melting beauty will not only give you the warm and fuzzies, but its so delicious will want to eat it all day.
So go ahead and pull out your favorite pair of stretchy pants and try not to think about counting calories with this dish. It’s worth every mile you’ll run to burn it off!
Ruth’s Sweet Potato Casserole
Makes 4 Servings:
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup flour
-3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
-1/4 cup melted butter
Sweet Potato Mixture
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
-1 egg, well beaten
-1/4 cup butter
- Combine Crust Mixture in mixing bowl and put to one side.
- Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour Sweet Potato Mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle Crust Mixture evenly onto surface of Sweet Potato Mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.