On February 22 the Texas Wine & Grape Foundation will host its “Texas Wine – A New Dawn Rising” which is a fundraising event to celebrate some of the most celebrate wines from Texas paired with cuisine, to raise funds that support statewide wine grape research and university scholarships.
This is an incredible opportunity for people to meet winemakers, learn about, and enjoy fabulous Texas wines that continue to win awards at some of the nation’s most prestigious wine competitions. Guests will enjoy more than a dozen gold medal wines from the Lone Star International Wine Competition paired with specially selected foods. A group of Texas sommeliers will be on hand to share information about wine characteristics and provide pairing tips.
Proceeds from the evening will benefit the Foundation’s two scholarship funds: The Auler Fund, which supports wine and grape research, and The Newsom Scholarship, which supports students studying enology and viticulture. The Foundation fundraiser is part of the annual Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association (TWGGA) annual conference. Winemakers representing gold medal Texas wines from the Lone Star International Wine Competition: www.txwines.org/lonestar-international-wine-competition
Wine and Food Experts:
- Denise Clarke — Certified Wine Educator and Certified Sommelier, Texas Wine Gal, Austin, TX
- Sarah Heath — Sommelier, High Street Wine Company, San Antonio, TX
- Matt McGinnis — Certified Sommelier, Pen & Tell Us, Austin, TX
- Austin Tabbone —Sommelier & Manager, High Street Wine Company, San Antonio, TX
- Clay Wheeler — Sommelier, The Argyle, San Antonio, TX