As part of its 50th Anniversary dinner series, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will honor and pay tribute to founder Ruth Fertel at the “50th Anniversary Wine Dinner” on June 11 at 100 locations across the U.S.
As part of the tribute, guests will get a glimpse into the history of Ruth’s Chris Steak House and its founder, Ruth Fertel, who as a single mother mortgaged her home in 1965 to purchase Chris’ Steak House in New Orleans. The memorable evening will take guests on a culinary journey inspired by the ultimate steak expert, Ruth Fertel. Experience some of Ruth’s favorites starting with a twist on her favorite cocktail, the Old Fashioned and ending with her favorite dessert, a classic crème brulee.
“We invite guests to join us for an incredible evening and to dine like Ruth as we serve her favorites alongside California wines and New Orleans-style cocktails. We’ll share the rich history behind this legendary woman who encapsulated the American Dream and gave us the Steak House as we know it today,” said Michael O’Donnell, Chief Executive Officer for Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
To add insight into the menu pairings and uniqueness to the evening, beverage experts will host each dinner. Special guests Janet Myers, Director of Winemaking and General Manager of Franciscan Estate; Jose “Pepe” Hermosillo, Founder of Casa Noble Tequila and Tom Gore, Grape Farmer and Vineyard Manager of Tom Gore Vineyards will attend and co-host the dinner in San Francisco.
The featured pairing menu, inspired by Ruth’s favorites, includes:
- Appetizer – New Orleans Shrimp & Grits paired with The Old Fashioned with a Twist featuring Casa Noble Anejo Tequila
- Salad – Fresh Mozzarella & Kumato Tomato Salad paired with Franciscan Estate, Cuvee Sauvage Chardonnay, Carneros, Napa Valley
- Soup – Ruth’s Original French Onion Soup with Savory Aged Swiss & Herb Pastry paired with Tom Gore Vineyards, Field Blend, Alexander Valley
- Entrée – USDA Prime New York Strip, our Founder’s Favorite, served sizzling paired with Robert Mondavi Winery, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley Accompaniments include: Potatoes Au Gratin and Creamed Spinach
- Dessert – Classic Crème Brulee paired with Robert Mondavi Winery, Moscato d’Oro, Napa Valley
Wine dinner pricing, times and dates vary by market with an average price of $95 per person plus tax and gratuity.
Reservations are required for this event. For a complete list of participating restaurants, and to make reservations, visit: http://www.ruthschris.com/promotions/50thanniversarywinedinner.
Guests attending the “50th Anniversary Wine Dinner” are invited to share their experiences at #ThisIsHowItsDone.