Patriotic Strawberry Firecrackers
Looking for something fresh, fruity and an alternative to the classic vanilla cake and berry flag tradition? These tasty gems are loaded with flavor. Cream cheese stuffed strawberries topped with a fresh plump blueberry are the perfect addition to any 4thof July Backyard Celebration!
Celebrate July 4th with this firecracker!
Yield: 24 strawberries
∙ 24 large, fresh strawberries (1 to 1½ lbs)
∙ 1 (8oz) package light cream cheese, room temperature or softened slightly
∙ ½ cup powdered sugar
∙ ½ cup fresh blueberries
∙ Dash of vanilla extract to taste
- Wash strawberries and blueberries in colander.
- Cut the stems from top of strawberries, so the strawberries can lay flat.
- Carefully cut a deep “X” into tip of strawberry, a little more than half way through.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in mixing bowl and beat until smooth consistency; you may add a dash of vanilla extract to taste if desired.
- Fill an icing gun with cream cheese mixture. If you don’t have a fancy pastry icing gun, fill a sandwich size plastic baggie and cut off one tip of the bottom end of the bag. Squeeze filling into freshly cut strawberries.
- Top each filled strawberry with a fresh blueberry.
- Keep Refrigerated.