The 2015 Pachanga Latino Music Festival has announced the food offerings for event as well as the VIP Taco tasting area. This year will boast a larger and even more diverse array of eateries throughout the GA area that will include: Mom & Pops, Serranos Especial, Mellizoz Tacos, Austin’s Pizza, Tom’s Tabooley, Mighty Bird, County Fair Catering, Heaven on a Stick, Gibroni’s, Taco Majal, Oyama, Hay Elotes, Kettle King, Juiceland and Tapas Bravas. A full list of menu offerings as well as details on the lineup can be found at pachangafest.com.
VIP aka “Very Important Taco” ticketholders will be treated to a complimentary five-taco tasting showcasing taco that have been specially curated from an array of Austin’s most acclaimed restaurants from 3:30PM – 7:30PM for the event on May 16 at Fiesta Gardens. In addition to the taco tasting, VIP ticket holders will have access to salsa bar, paletas, aquas frescas and other complimentary non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day.
Participating VIP eateries include: Tacodeli, Fresa’s, Fork and Taco, El Chile, and Rosarito with offerings outlined below.
TACO DELI | Local spot for award-winning Mexican flavors since 1999. From their famous Salsa Doña to the Cowboy and Frontera Fundido tacos, their unique recipes are hand-made from scratch out of the best ingredients.
Featured Taco: Al Pastor, a diced & trimmed pork marinated and cooked in their homed adobo sauce using chipotle, ancho & guajillo peppers, garnished with cilantro and onion.
FRESA’S | Drive-thru restaurant serving high-quality, hand-prepared family-style meals with speed and convenience.
- Featured Taco: La Fresa, a delicious taco with achiote chicken, avocado, cotija cheese, white onion, cabbage and cilantro.
FORK AND TACO | High quality, thoughtful and unexpected flavor food combinations all while in a fun and friendly environment.
- Featured Taco: Five Spice Pulled Pork, a Five-spice pulled pork, asian slaw with soy maple crema and cilantro.
- EL CHILE | Boasts an eclectic selection of modern Tex-Mex and Mexican fare, offering traditional recipes from Mexico’s interiors and local flavors adored by Texas natives.
- Featured Taco: Anselmo’s Nopalito Taco, a taco with tender cactus, carrots, serrano & poblano peppers, pickled onion and queso fresco on flour or corn tortillas.
ROSARITO | A food collective that focuses on developing and experimenting with the Baja cuisine and its unlimited possibilities. The ‘Baja Taco’ is a natural fusion between the Mexican pacific seafood & oriental traditions.
- Featured Taco: Gobernator, Grilled Shrimp ‘A la Diabla’ on a flour tortilla with crusted cheese, shredded cabbage and pico de gallo garnished with roasted sesame seeds and your choice of Papaya Habanero Salsa or the Awesome Salsa (jalapeño, cilantro and lime).