Kicking-off what chefs John Bates and Brandon Martinez hope will become a full-blown dinner series showcasing great chefs from across the country, Noble Sandwich Co. Central will host its first Guest Chef Dinner this June. The dinner will feature a menu by seasoned chef Jesse Houston of new restaurant Saltine in Jackson, Mississippi.
Houston will prepare a 7-course small bites menu to be accompanied by beer from Jester King Brewery and wine pairings. The menu will include:
· Oyster Bar with hop mignonette, lemon and hot sauce
· Vegetable Surf ’n’ Turf with roasted, locally sourced vegetables, nori vinaigrette and sea beans
· Uni-Corn with sea urchin, smoked corn maque choux, white cheddar mournay, jalapeno, tomato and flowering herbs
· Roasted Eggplant with pickle juice, spiced cashews, parsley and feta
· Crabbit made with local rabbit and crab terrine, tarragon mustard and pickled chiles
· Broiled Fish Collar with Alabama white barbeque sauce and lemon
· Tacos de lengua with braised beef tongue, masa cavatelli, charred onion, salsa verde, and cilantro
· Keylime tart with a saltine cracker crust, coconut sorbet and toasted meringue
A Texas native, Houston received his culinary training in Austin after developing a passion for oysters and seafood while working under Chef Craig Noone at Parlor Market in Jackson. Houston then worked at several restaurants including City Grocery under James Beard award-winning chef John Currence in Oxford, Mississippi, before moving back to Jackson to open Saltine with his wife Rachel Horn Houston this fall.
For more information and to RSVP for Noble Sandwich Co.’s Guest Chef Dinner, visit www.noblesandwiches.com/