The National BBQ Association is hosting an “Old Fashioned BBQ Bash” this Saturday, March 8th in San Marcos. This event will also include the NBBQA Conference, Trade Show, and Cooking Competition.
Within the conference you can find yourself sitting in on “How To” sessions, as well as “The History of Texas BBQ” and other sessions that teach you about perfect BBQ sides and starting your own brand. This conference offers great information for the casual BBQ enthusiast and those looking to start or strengthen their own business. The conference also offers a restaurant bus tour (*for an additional fee), that shares San Antonio’s finest BBQ restaurants including the infamous Riverwalk.
The trade show will offer many exhibitions of all things related to BBQ. And who could forget a BBQ cook-off? An all out cooking match allows for many tastes and satisfied Texan stomachs.
If you are interested in registering for the conference find more information here.
WHERE: Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel, Spa and Conference Center
WHEN: Saturday, March 8, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
TICKETS: $10 (Get tickets at the registration area in the conference center section of the hotel or parking lot)
- Trade show: Lots of cue-centric exhibitors and all that’s new
- BBQ sauce tasting: This is a “people’s choice” competition
- “How to” presentations from champion pitmasters and grillers
- Live music
- Access to the two cook-off areas where they can watch competitors at work in the KCBS-sanctioned Cookoff and the Central Texas Steak Cookoff
- Admission also includes a simple lunch (brisket or pulled pork sandwich, slaw and chips) with more food available to purchase.
*Photo courtesy of NBBQA
Thanks to Ewing Communications