Louis Prima’s Big Night
Wednesday, December 7
Reservations available between 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Louis Prima’s Big Night dinner will serve as an ode to the movie Big Night and a birthday celebration of the great jazz musician from New Orleans, Louis Prima, who would have been 106 this year on Dec. 7. L’Oca d’Oro will look back at Italian-American fare from the WWII era for inspiration, a time when Americans were first being introduced to many of Italy’s culinary traditions. In addition, the dinner will also recreate classic dishes from the food film Big Night, which tackles the role that food and the restaurant industry plays in culture and community.
A seat at the dinner will cost $65 per person with an optional Sicilian wine pairing for $25. Starting today, reservations are available between 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
To book, one should call 737.212.1876 or email email@example.com. This tasty menu by Chef Fiore Tedesco will include the following:
- Goat Ricotta Salata with fennel and orange
- Scaccia con Pesto alla Trapanese: stuffed Sicilian flatbread with pistachio pesto and smoked scamorza
- Panelle & Crocche: smoked fish croquettes with meyer lemon citronette & arugula
- Tricolore Risotto: gulf shrimp, basil and parmigiano risotto
- Timbale: rigatoni with lamb and pork polpette baked in an eggplant shell
- Cassatina: genoise sponge cake with pistachio marzipan and honeyed ricotta
Feast of the Seven Fishes
Saturday, December 24
Seatings available at 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
L’Oca d’Oro will also host the Feast of the Seven Fishes, a traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner, with a varietal menu of fish served primarily from the Adriatic Sea in Sicily. Chef Fiore Tedesco invites his friends, family, and community to enjoy a meal that is very near and dear to his heart in a family-style format with two seating groups.
A seat at the dinner will cost $65 per person with an optional wine pairing for $30. Starting Monday, December 5
, reservations will become available for the 5:30 p.m.
and the 8:00 p.m.
seating groups. To book, one should call 737.212.1876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The evening’s menu by Chef Fiore Tedesco will include the following:
- Brandade of Baccala with pickled onions & garlic toast
- Scallop Crudo with nasturtium & basil oil
- Eel Caponata Crostini: celery, fennel, and raisins
- Calamari & Carrot Salad: pine nuts, meyer lemon aioli
- Fried Bay Shrimp: colatura aioli
- Grilled Prawns: horseradish and tomato sauce
- Spaghetti & Clams: garlic breadcrumbs and parsley
- Limoncello Gelato
- Tricolore Cannoli