AUSTIN, TX (April 2, 2014) – Les Dames d’Escoffier International is proud to announce the organization is now accepting applications for the 2014 LDEI Legacy Awards. Women working in the food, beverage, and hospitality industries are encouraged to apply, as these applicants are eligible to win a one-week professional experience unlike any other.
For the sixth annual awards, six individual experiences will be awarded in five categories, including Culinary, Pastry, Wine, Food/Wine Journalism, and Farm to Table:
- Culinary-Catering in Seattle, WA with Lisa Dupar of Lisa Dupar Catering
- Entrepreneurship-Pastry Produc
tion in Dallas, TX with Shari Carlson of Dessert Dreams
- Wine in Livermore, CA with Carolyn Wente or Wente Family Estates
- Food/Wine Journalism in New York, NY with Susan Westmoreland and Sharon Franke of Good Housekeeping Magazine
- Farm to Table (#1): A joint award in Atlanta, GA with Judith Winfrey of Love is Love Farm, and Charlotte Swancy of Riverview Farms
- Farm to Table (#2): A joint award in Hawaii with Lesley Hill of Wailea Agricultural Group
Established in 2009, each LDEI Legacy Award offers non-Dame women in the USA, the UK, and Canada a one-week workplace experience with current members of Les Dames d’Escoffier. Candidates must have at least four years of professional experience and be currently working in the food, fine beverage, or hospitality industries.
“This is a unique opportunity for Legacy Award winners to work side-by-side with outstanding culinary professionals,” says LDEI President Beth Allen. “During the week, they may help with the harvest at one of California’s oldest family wineries, experience in-depth learning of tropical fruit on the big island of Hawaii, or assist in a food photo shoot for Good Housekeeping Magazine. Or they could brush up their cake-decorating techniques in Dallas, further their catering expertise in Seattle, or get their hands dirty on two farms in the Atlanta area.”
Travel and hotel accommodations for six nights will be reimbursed for each winner up to US $2,000. Applications must be submitted by April 21, 2014. Winners will be announced around June 1; experiences must be completed by October 20, 2014.
For an application, log onto www.ldei.org and click on “2014 Legacy Awards”. Further information is available from the Legacy Awards Co-Chairs, Alison Awerbuch, 914-631-0864, firstname.lastname@example.org,