The Whole Kids Foundation has announced the Give Bees A Chance Campaign, to showcase the vital role that honey bees play in our food and gardens. The campaign is a timely month-long fundraising effort, as recent studies show continued losses in honey bee colonies.
Five top chefs from across the country are supporting the campaign by hosting fundraising dinners in their respective cities, including Austin’s own Kevin Fink, a 2016 Food & Wine Best New Chef winner and owner of Emmer & Rye, a Bon Appétit 2016 50 Best New Restaurants in America winner. Other chef talent includes Rick Bayless with Evan Robinson, Tom Douglas, Roberto Santibañez with Susana Trilling, and Stephen Stryjewski.
Dates and locations:
- Kevin Fink (Austin) –June 3 at Emmer & Rye
- Roberto Santibañez and Susana Trilling (Washington D.C.) –June 5 at Mi Vida
- Rick Bayless and Evan Robinson (Chicago) –June 12 at Frontera Cookbook Library & Test Kitchen
- Stephen Stryjewski (New Orleans) –June 15 at Cochon Restaurant
- Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross (Seattle) –June 21 at Tom Douglas’ Hot Stove Society