The casual San Antonio landscape is elevated by aroma, taste, and festival fashion for one week each spring. Culinaria Festival, invites food lovers to mingle with chefs, bar professionals, winemakers, brewers, and distillery pros in Central-Texas. With so much knowledge and flavor packed into just a few days, we’ll lend a hand in mapping out the best use of time at Culinaria. Grab hold and get prepped for the joys of flavor and all who bring it to your table.
CULINARIA FESTIVAL WEEK
First things first… make reservations and purchase your tickets well in advance to be sure not to miss out on the one-of-a kind dining and learning opportunities. Start early and keep an eye on the event list. Visiting San Antonio? Plan ahead to be sure you’re in the know of the Underground Kitchen. These are pop-up style dinner party’s set-up like something you’d invite your friends over to your place to experience. Take this opportunity with your friends in tow, to get personal with chefs and the pros who supply your boozy beverages.
TASTE AND SIP
Let your foodie flag fly high on Friday the 21st . Friday is your opportunity to geek out with other food and beverage nerds during the day long schedule of taste bud tempting knowledge dropping discussions, and of course, sampling of all the delectable goods that our pros are bringing to San Antonio. Have fun, ask silly questions and get a little closer to the kitchen with just one ticket price of $50 in advance and $75 at the door, for the entire day. Visit the site for the full schedule, meanwhile we’ll lure you in with the Coffee & Booze journey at 1:00pm, Mixology at Home beginning at 4:00pm where you will receive helpful history of booze, home bar consultation, and have an opportunity to make and sip on a cocktail.
Click here to purchase tickets for these events.
PACK AND DRESS FOR THE OCCASION
This is no backyard bbq. Arrive in festive, impressive and stylish attire, who knows you might even get an extra pour of your favorite bubbles. In fact, run the fashion gamut. Show your fashion elegance with a Breakfast at Tiffany’s look for Back to Bubbles on the 20th. Get comfy and ready to taste in a loose fitting boho romper, or a maxi dress and Fedora for the Tacos and Talk (did I mention the queso fountain?) on the 21st. Dial down a bit with a casual and breathable look of Texas Outdoor Chic during the Burgers, BBQ & Beer on the 22nd.
THE GRAND TASTING (RE-IMAGINED)
Saunter, skip, or shimmy to the Culinaria Grand Tasting. Find your food groove while you peruse the best variety dining collaboration that San Antonio has to offer in food and beverage. Scoop up bite sized portions of charcuterie board offerings, salad course samples, entrée bites, and more. It’s a reimagined take on a fine dining experience for you to enjoy at your leisure. Get your $100 tickets which allow for exclusive tastes of San Antonio’s premier chefs, and enjoy musical entertainment all night. Buy early for a savings of $25.
May 21, 2016 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM | La Cantera Resort & Spa – San Antonio Ballroom
Click here to purchase tickets for this event.
BURGERS, BBQ & BEER
Burger Brunch, need we say more? Spend Sunday afternoon amongst the burger, dog, and nearly every grilled elite. Your $50 early bird ticket gets you access to the event, burgers, beer and beverages until they run out. Lure your grilled food goddess out for a day of casual sampling, and chit-chat with your favorite local chefs. Be ready to get fed, get full and get a little messy while you’re at it. Hot grill and cold beer included.
May 22, 2016 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM | La Cantera Resort & Spa – West Lot
Click here to purchase tickets for this event.
SAN ANTONIO CULINARY UNDERGROUND
Whether you’re a local or on a food journey to San Antonio, make a list of some of your favorites and be sure to visit their brick-and-mortar kitchens and dining rooms. Show these chefs just how much you love their food. While you find your very own favorites, here are a few of our favorite hot spots that continue to bring us back to San Antonio:
- The Brooklynite – Classic cocktails and tiki drinks, you can belly up to this bar at 516 Brooklyn Avenue evenings only, 7 days a week.
- Paramour – One of San Antonio’s largest open air bar and rooftop patio with an unforgettable skyline view, and a vast taste and teach or learn as you go menu. 102 9th Street, Suite 400.
- Grayze – Restaurant, bar and patio in one delicious and creative edible package. Come hungry and be bold enough to share and pair the entirety of your meal. Open for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch. 521 East Grayson Street.
- Supper at Hotel Emma – At 136 East Grayson Street – Supper is a culinary farm to table delight serving plates of elegant seasonal bounties.
- Cookhouse – Enjoy the New Orleans inspired cuisine at Cookhouse for authentic indulgence right in the heart of San Antonio. Open Tuesday through Saturday for lunch and dinner at 720 Mistletoe Avenue.
- The Esquire Tavern – The oldest bar on the infamous San Antonio Riverwalk, The Esquire is spacious, great for large groups, and will not disappoint your hangriest hunger pangs. Get a taste of real Texas and American-fusion with their diverse menu. 115 East Commerce Street.