Summer is upon us, and a few Austin-based restaurants are offering up some delicious cocktail recipes with creative ingredients for you to try at home.
Sellers Underground’s “Cajun Cucumber”
- 1.5 oz Effen Cucumber
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Jalapeño Simple
- Topo Chico
Combine ingredients and shake. Pour over ice in chili powder-rimmed highball glass, fill with Topo Chico.
Icenhauer’s “The Megan”
- 2 oz Espolon Silver
- 1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice Simple Syrup
- JP Chenet Brut Rose
Combine ingredients over ice in wine glass . Top with JP Chenet Brut Rose.
El Chile’s “Spicy Sandia Margarita”
- 2 fresh jalapeño slices
- 1 oz watermelon purée
- 0.5 oz hand squeezed lime juice
- 0.5 oz agave simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1 1/2 oz El Jimador Reposado Tequila
FROZEN: Blend hand squeezed lime juice, agave simple syrup, Triple Sec and Tequila in a blender with ice. In frosted, chile salt rimmed margarita glass, muddle 2 jalapeño slices and fresh watermelon puree. Fill with Frozen Margarita mixture. Stir with bar spoon to blend. Garnish with fresh jalapeño slice.
ROCKS: Combine all ingredients in mixing tin without ice. Muddle. Add ice. Shake and strain over fresh ice into chile salt rimmed margarita glass. Garnish with jalapeño slice.
El Alma’s “Tamaringindo”
- 1.25 oz Genius Gin
- 1.25 oz Mestizo Mezcal Joven
- 0.25 oz Chipotle Piloncillo Simple Syrup
- 1.75 oz agua de tamarindo (tamarind agua fresca)
Combine all ingredients in mixing tin with ice. Shake. Rim 10 oz rocks glass with guajillo sugar/salt rim. Shake and strain into glass over 2in X 2in ice cube. Garnish with orange swath. Serve.
El Sapo’s “Diablito”
- 1.5 oz pineapple habanero infused El Jimador Reposado
- .05 oz Juanita’s Homemade Chamoy
- 1 oz Triple Sec Orange Liqueur
- 0.25 oz orange juice
- 0.50 oz hand-squeezed lime juice
- 0.50 oz agave simple syrup
Combine all ingredients in mixing tin with ice. Shake and strain over 2 in X 2in ice cube into 8.5 oz mason jar rimmed with El Chile Group chile salt rim. Garnish with dried, chile spiced mango slices (horns) on either side of glass.
Alcomar’s “Jacked Sangria”
- 8 oz Jack Daniels
- 3 oz Créme de Cassis
- 2 cups fresh mango puree
- 2 750 ml bottles of cabernet
- 6 oz hand-squeezed lime juice
- 32 oz Sprite
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher with ice. Makes one gallon. Serve and enjoy!
Visconti Ristorante’s “360 Sunset”
- 1 1/2oz Tequila Ocho Reposado
- 1/4oz Aperol
- 1oz Cranberry Juice
- 1/2oz Orange Juice
- 1/4oz Lime Juice
- Luxardo Cherry
- Citrus Salt Infused Rim
Add all ingredients except cherry into shaker with regular ice. Shake 10-15 times and pour into sugar rimmed glass. Drop cherry into glass. Serve in tulip glass with slated rim.