Featured chefs bring culinary expertise to April classes
- Finn and Porter Elegant Spring Flavors
- Chef Peter Maffei, of the award-winning Finn and Porter, returns to share his menu of seasonal specialties, including Grilled Baby Carrot Salad and Pan-seared Sea Bass. Cost: $60.
- A Southern Supper
- Virginia Willis, one of everyone’s favorite Southern chefs, is back to share a casual evening of uptown, down-home comfort food. Relying on her amazing ability to elevate the flavors of even the simplest dish, she’ll discuss some of the techniques needed to create her special menu, while sharing stories about her adventures on television cooking competitions and her current food blog for the Food Network. Cost: $70.
- Teeny’s Tour of Pie
o Blogger and baker Teeny Lamothe will demonstrate the techniques that she learned while on her whirlwind “Tour of Pie,” a traveling apprenticeship throughout the United States. On that educational adventure, she learned the secrets of regional expert bakers and compiled the 5 Commandments of Crust. Cost: $70.
- Book Signing: My Paris Kitchen
o David Lebovitz’ class sold out at the speed of light, so Central Market added these events to give you a chance to meet David, taste samples of his delightful desserts, and, of course, purchase an autographed copy of his latest, My Paris Kitchen.
Learn Skills and Win Big at Central Market’s Cooking School
Celebrating Grilled Cheese Month on April 13
- Parent and Child: Great Grilled Cheese
- Join Central Market Cooking School Staff for an investigation into the variety of ingredients that can be included in everyone’s favorite sandwich. You’ll learn to make a Bechamel sauce, one of the ‘mother’ sauces in French cuisine, as you create these sandwiches that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or in one case, dessert. Menu includes:
– Grilled Cheddar with Kimchee;
– Grilled Reuben with Russian Dressing;
– Croque Monsieur (Grilled Ham & Cheese with Bechamel Sauce); and
– Sautéed Apple and Cream Cheese Monte Cristo