Celebrity chef Rick Bayless is offering the experience of a lifetime. With the purchase of a $1,000 ticket, not only guests party in Rick’s backyard, but can also experience the following:
- A cooking class taught by Rick Bayless
- An authentic Yucatecan pig roast
- A modern mixology lesson
- Ceviche, taco and chocolate bars
- Live music
- A tour of the garden by master gardener Bill Shores
- A signed cookbook
- An exclusive bottle of Herradura Tequila, from a batch not available to the public
All proceeds of the tickets go directly to the Frontera Farmer Foundation, non-profit committed to promoting small, sustainable farms serving the Chicago area by providing them with capital development grants.
Nonprofit organizations, such as the Frontera Farmer Foundation, devoted to the growth of sustainable farming are becoming more prevalent and necessary due to the increasing dominance of large corporations in the agricultural sector. Without small sustainable farmers, great local cuisine is unreachable.