In an effort to Keep Austin Smiling in the current climate, Barr Mansion is offering a safe space on their historic grounds for an evening experience that will feature picnic-style dining in their spacious outdoor gardens.
Dining options for the picnic experience will be prepared by the Barr Mansion kitchen, with a menu featuring organic salads, snacks, sweets, and pizzas made in their on-site wood-fired oven. In addition, there will be several drink options including brews from Hopsquad Brewery, cocktails curated by The Tigress Pub, and zero-proof cocktails crafted by the Barr team, along with music by Joshua Klaus throughout the evening.
“Our goal is to offer Austinites a welcoming and spacious outdoor area to enjoy food and drink in a safe capacity. We want to give folks a safe setting in which they feel comfortable spending time outside their homes,” said owner Melanie McAfee. “As this night evolves, we’d love to incorporate more live music, live art and other safe activities for small groups to enjoy on summer nights under the stars.”
Guests may reserve a spot by placing your food order HERE. Food can also be ordered once you arrive, but the kitchen will not accept orders past 9 p.m.
GUESTS MAY BRING:
- Blankets or chairs
- Reusable cups, utensils, plates, and napkins (will be providing compostable utensils upon request)
- Bug spray or bug lanterns
- Board games or other activities for your group, please no sports balls
- Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a leash and picked up after
- We ask that you do not bring any outside food to the event
- NOTE: This is a zero-waste event so be ready to take landfill trash with you (diapers, plastic film, gum etc.)
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Masks must be worn when walking around the property and when not with your group.
- No parties larger than 10 people.
- With four acres of land, the Barr Mansion team has created different areas to keep much more than six feet of distance between groups.
- Contactless ordering, check-in and pickup throughout the event.
- All buildings other than the restrooms will be closed to public use
- Remember to wash your hands!!