Lamb Jam Culinary Cook-Off Comes to Austin
The American Lamb Board Brings Epic Tasting Event and Competition to Austin, Texas on Feb. 22
On Sunday, February 22, 16 top Austin chefs and more than 300 lamb lovers will gather at the Barr Mansion for Austin’s first Lamb Jam Global Flavors Tour, the annual multi-city culinary cook-off where attendees decide which chefs have earned their “chops” by voting on inventive American lamb dishes.
Competing for the titles of “Best in Show,” “People’s Choice” and “Best Mediterranean, Asian, Latin and Middle Eastern inspired dishes,” chefs will prepare and serve their most flavorful American lamb fare to be voted on by lamb-loving attendees and judged by Austin’s top food media. The Austin victor will go head-to-head with other winners representing cities from coast to coast, vying for the title of “Lamb Jam Master” at the Lamb Jam finale in New York City in late 2015.
“We designed the Lamb Jam Tour as a way to bring communities together and drive awareness about the benefits of American lamb,” says Megan Wortman, executive director of the American Lamb Board. “Texas is the largest lamb producing state in the country and Austin is one of the fastest growing markets with a nationally recognized food scene, so we’re excited to bring the tour to Austin for the first time.” This year marks the fifth national Lamb Jam Tour.
Participating Austin chefs include:
- Chris Hurley of The Bonneville
- Jack Gilmore of Jack Allen’s Kitchen
- Shawn Cirkiel of Parkside and Olive & June
- John Lichtenberger Péché
- Kyle McClelland of Dallas’ Proof + Pantry
- Carlos Ysaguirre of Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile
- Phillip Brown of Vince Young Steakhouse
- Danny Kievit of Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill
- Reina Morris and James Watson of Buenos Aires Café
- Harold Marmulstein of Salty Sow
- Joel Welch of Kerbey Lane Cafe
- Bryce Gilmore of Odd Duck and Barley Swine.
- Joe Anguiano of Vox Table
- Mark Schmidt of Blackbird & Henry
- Camden Stuerzenberger of Fork & Vine
- Roman Murphy of Bess Bistro
Join the Flock: Purchase a Ticket
Lamb Jam takes place from 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Tickets are $60 and provide an opportunity to sample 16 globally inspired lamb dishes, taste some of Texas’ best brews and wine, mingle with local shepherds, visit the DIY spice rub station to mix a take-home tin of lamb rub, and vote for Lamb Jam dishes.
What: Sample globally-inspired lamb dishes from 16 of Austin’s finest chefs. Visit http://www.americanlamb.com/
When: Sunday, February 22
3:00 – 6:00pm
Where: Barr Mansion
10463 Sprinkle Road
Austin, Texas 78754
Organized by the American Lamb Board, a portion of the ticket sales will benefit The Austin Food & Wine Alliance.