by Melissa Petitto
This simple salad is a colorful and versatile choice for a casual dinner at home or an elegant party.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
1lb (450g) asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
4oz (120g) prosciutto, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
7 cups (225g/8oz) baby spinach
For the dressing
4 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon raw honey
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line 3 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- On one baking sheets, arrange the tomatoes cut side up. On another baking sheet, arrange the asparagus in a single layer. On the last baking sheet, arrange the prosciutto in a single layer. Drizzle the tomatoes and asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the baking sheets to the oven. Bake the prosciutto for 10 minutes, or until crispy; the asparagus for 12–15 minutes, or until just tender, and the tomatoes for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the balsamic, honey, basil, sea salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk continuously until emulsified. Set aside.
- To finish the salad, arrange the spinach on a platter and top with the roasted tomatoes and asparagus. Crumble the prosciutto over each salad and drizzle over the basil dressing.
Cal 310 | Cal From Fat 200 | Total Fat 22g | Sat Fat 3.5g | Sodium 1200mg | Fiber 6g | Pro 13g