If you’re looking for a vegan alternative to the traditional beef burger, look no further. This quinoa burger is outrageously tasty, and packed full of nutritional goodness!
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 2 tsp paprika
• ½ tsp red chili flakes
• 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
• 1 sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
• Herbed Sea Salt® Original seasoning salt
• Black pepper, to season
• 2 tsp olive oil
How to make Vegan Burgers with Quinoa & Vegetables
- Boil the quinoa, until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Briefly sauté the shallots and garlic.
- Boil the sweet potato, then mash.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, shallots and garlic with the herbs, spices and sweet potato mash. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into small patties.
- Fry the patties for three minutes on each side.
This recipe is full of goodness
• Contains all the essential amino acids
• Great source of B vitamins
Quinoa is higher in protein than other grains and cereals. Protein is necessary for tissue growth and repair. And it’s also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.