Dave Matthews Band’s head chef Fiona Bohane (who cooks for the entire band and crew while on tour) created a Texas inspired “Grilled Sirloin Steak with Salsa Verde” recipe to pair with The Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon as part of her “Recipes from the Road” which are inspired by the various DMB tour cities the band visits.
The Grilled Sirloin Steak with Salsa Verde is an excellent idea for Father’s Day if paired with The Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1½ lb Sirloin Steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 oz Tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 Poblano Pepper, seeds removed
- ½ Jalapeno Pepper, seeds removed
- ½ White Onion, sliced thick
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
- ½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Grill the tomatillos, peppers, onion and garlic until lightly charred and softened. Set aside to cool.
- Rub steak with olive oil and cumin, season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place steak on grill for about 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on thickness. Do not move the steak more than you have to.
- While the steak is cooking, chop vegetables by hand or use an immersion or other blender.
- Transfer to a bowl, add lime juice and cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When steak has finished cooking, transfer to a plate, put butter on top and rest for about 5 minutes. Slice steak thinly on a diagonal, drizzle with any remaining juices and serve with salsa.