Central Market is kicking off the new year with an extensive selection of citrus, ripened to perfection and handpicked at the peak of the season, with Keepin’ It Fresh Citrust Fest January 10-23.
Expect plenty of fun tastings throughout the festival, from fresh citrus in the produce aisle, like Kishu Mandarins, Meyer Lemons, Organic Texas Rio Star Grapefruit and Bergamots to more unique citrus creations. Try their Lemon and Herb Stuffed Branzino, Wild Poppy Organic Lemon Soda, Lemon Caper Dressing and Meyer Lemon Marmalade. Try an assortment of fresh new citrus flavors, while enhancing health and wellness.
Keepin’ It Fresh Citrust Fest
In addition to several in-store signature citrus products and chef-created meals, Central Market is sharing citrus-inspired recipes to fulfill every culinary desire. See below:
Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from Gourmet
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp Central Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 Tbsp Central Market Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425˚F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 Tbsp oil and ¼ tsp salt in a shallow baking pan. Arrange the potatoes in one layer and roast, stirring half way through roasting, until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir together the cayenne, zest, and remaining ½ tsp of salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice and the remaining tablespoon oil in a medium bowl and add the roasted potatoes. Sprinkle with the cayenne mixture and cilantro, stirring gently to combine.
- Serve warm.