A fun take on the classic American dessert, the drink consists of house made vanilla ice cream perfectly blended together with the restaurant’s private label wineELEVEN TEN Cabernet Sauvignon “Wildcatter,” Spring Mountain, 2009. Pro tip: to kick this delectable concoction up a notch, Executive Chef Phillip Brown suggests adding a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
This off-menu treat has been a hit since it was created by Laura McIngvale-Brown (Chef Phillip’s wife and co-owner of Vince Young Steakhouse) during the planning stages of the restaurant’s dinner menu at the James Beard House in New York City.
Courtesy of Phillip Brown | Austin, TX
- 5 oz wine (of your choice, VYS uses Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 6 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Optional: Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a richer flavor
- Combine the wine and vanilla ice cream into a blender
- Blend until texture is smooth